What you’ll integrate:
This is not a history lesson or an educational resource, but an opportunity to explore complex dimensions of internalized and externalized racism through poetry, dream, and a dance with the unknown.
Over the course of this seven-week journey, there will be no answers—only a deep inquiry that will hopefully initiate a lifelong process. You won’t be offered the unguent of easy love and compassion, either. As important as they are, they have often wrongly been used as methods of spiritual bypassing.
Such truisms as “We are all one” can often disable us from deep empathy and keep us from fully feeling and understanding experiences of discrimination and dehumanization, as well as how the legacy of racism has systematically harmed segments of our population. The call for unity can be exploited to separate us from one another even further.
This is for you if…
- You are actively doing the work to dismantle racism and other forms of oppression in your life, however that may look to you.
- You are seeking a foundational shift in the fabric of who you are.
- You want to understand how racism has operated in your own life, either consciously or unconsciously.
- You are open to discovering aspects of yourself that might feel uncomfortable or painful.
- You believe in the power of love and justice to transform individual and collective reality.
- You are ready to express your thoughts and feelings about one of the most pressing issues of our time by using your creative, poetic voice as a vehicle.
Your investment: $20
The journey is officially open on January 15, 2018 (Martin Luther King, Jr., Day), but you can sign up anytime. If you have a different email address from the one associated with PayPal, please let me know in the notes when you register.