Depth Hypnosis: Healing Begins Within
Depth Hypnosis was developed in the 1990s by one of my mentors, Dr. Isa Gucciardi, as she began her own search for emotional healing. Depth Hypnosis is a spiritual counseling model that helps people to quickly work through deeply rooted issues and dysfunctional or unhealthy patterns that keep them from expressing their most authentic self in the world. The results are profound and transformative.
Depth Hypnosis is a deeply empowering healing model, as it actively involves you (the client) in the process of discovering what you need in order to effect change at the deepest levels. As a practitioner, As a practitioner, I facilitate the process of identifying and clearing obstacles that may be creating disharmony in your life. My commitment is to helping you connect with your own power, life force, and ability to heal.
By following current life issues to their source (through everything from dream incubation to inner child work to regression to shamanic journeywork), you will find what you need to move beyond unconscious motivations. Through every step of the process, you’ll move more deeply into a life-affirming relationship with yourself and the world around you.
This is a healing modality that encourages radical self-responsibility and celebrates your ability to empower and know yourself at your very depths—to determine your own life story and write your own myth.
How Does It Work?
The practice of Depth Hypnosis synthesizes Buddhist philosophy, shamanism, hypnotherapy, and transpersonal psychology—offering a potent healing methodology that harnesses ancient and universal wisdom to treat some of the unique imbalances of our contemporary society.
Depth Hypnosis draws upon hypnotherapy but goes much deeper, addressing the traumatic events that live below a presenting problem. In observing your “symptoms,” I will help you move back into balance and back to your authentic self. By participating in Depth Hypnosis, you’ll be an active agent in your own transformation.
The work is rooted in rich spiritual traditions, but you don’t need to “believe” anything in particular. Together, we’ll walk an experiential path of discovery. You’ll tap into a more expanded state of being, move through the trauma and stress that may be stored on an unconscious level, and experience the beauty of your original life energy so that you can take back your power.
The first two sessions focus on creating an emotional map that highlights major themes in your life. Subsequent sessions will allow us to work with whatever material is most pressing in your life while referring back to the patterns in your emotional map. No two clients are the same, so each session is unique—but a blend of meditation, shamanic journeywork, and regression will be harnessed to promote your healing and recovery, as well as your connection to your own inner wisdom.
While this is an effective healing practice, Depth Hypnosis should not be used in lieu of working with a medical professional and is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.
My Approach and Specialties
I bring a creative, compassionate, trauma-informed, culturally competent, and decolonizing lens to my work. I’m especially interested in welcoming the lived experience of marginalized people. In my approach, I honor the syncretic foundations of Depth Hypnosis and also work directly with my clients to make the sessions meaningful, sensitive, and non-appropriative.
If you work with me, I encourage you to bring all your lived experiences into our sessions and to trust the direct transmissions that you are bound to receive from your higher self. Here are some of the issues I can help with:
- Dealing with depression, anxiety, and dark nights of the soul
- Healing from abuse and post-traumatic stress
- Integrating grief, loss, and death
- Addressing trauma around culture, gender, and racial wounds
- Connecting with healed ancestors and supportive spirit guides
- Finding the “medicine” that contributes to your wholeness and full self-expression in the world
- Incorporating rites of passage and next steps on the journey to spiritual maturity
- Navigating “non-ordinary” reality with a sense of grounding and responsibility
My Background and Training
Aside from my work as a Depth Hypnosis practitioner, I bring my formal training in other modalities to this work:
- Applied Shamanism (Dr. Isa Gucciardi, Foundation of the Sacred Stream)
- Coming to Peace Facilitation Training ((Dr. Isa Gucciardi, Foundation of the Sacred Stream)
- Deep-Body® and Movement-Inspired Transformative Embodiment (Stefana Serafina, Intuitive Body and Dance)
- Feeding Your Demons® Facilitation Training (Lama Tsultrim Allione, Tara Mandala)
- Healing the Wounds of History: Conflict Transformation & Peace-Building through Drama Therapy (Armand Volkas, Living Arts Counseling Center)
- Holding Space Foundational Training (Heather Plett, Centre for Holding Space)
- Restorative Justice Circle Keeper Training (Shailly Agnihotri, The Restorative Center)
- Somatics, Trauma, and Resilience (Staci Haines, Strozzi Institute)
- Theatre of the Oppressed Practitioner Mentorship (Marc Weinblatt, Mandala Center for Change)
- The Work That Reconnects Facilitator Development Training (The Work That Reconnects Network)
I have also studied and worked with the following modalities, which inform my approach:
- 5 Rhythms
- Emergent Strategy
- Jungian Dreamwork
- Kingian Nonviolence
- Playback Theatre
- Social Presencing Theater
- Trauma-Informed Family Constellations
Because this is deep and powerful work, it requires a commitment of at least three sessions.
Sessions are an hour in length and take place remotely, via phone or Zoom.
3 Sessions ($100/Session): $300
6 Sessions ($95/Session): $570
12 Sessions ($85/Session): $1020
1 Session: $108 (only available after a minimum of 3 Sessions)